Need help credentialing genetic counselors at your facility?
Created by the National Society of Genetic Counselors, this online course and resource center will quickly get you up to speed on how to credential genetic counselors.
What You'll Learn:
- The steps needed to get genetic counselors credentialed with your institution and payers.
- How to recognize how revenue applies to genetic counseling services and healthcare’s revenue cycle.
- The different types of credentialing and how to navigate the credentialing and contracting processes.
- Quality measures to evaluate genetic counseling services.
- How to explain the claims process for different payers.
This Course Includes:
- Online, on-demand modules covering information regarding insurance coverage for genetic counseling services and the credentialing process for genetic counselors.
- A model policy for credentialing genetic counselors.
- Downloadable resource materials including a quick reference guide that contains a glossary of insurance and credentialing terms.
- Exclusive discussion forum for course participants to pose questions and discuss issues related to insurance and credentialing.
- Free access to periodic webinars in which genetic counselors and insurance and credentialing professionals will share practical information for obtaining coverage for genetic counseling, tips for becoming credentialed, and updates on genetic counselor service delivery that occur this year. Webinars will be archived for on-demand or repeat viewing by course participants.
Member Price: $199
Non-member Price: $249
Need help with understanding how to bill and code genetic counselor services?
Check out NSGC’s Billing and Coding Course.