We invite you to join NSGC in celebrating the first annual Genetic Counselor Awareness Day, which will take place on November 9, 2017.
The primary goals of Genetic Counselors Awareness Day are to empower genetic counselors to raise awareness and interest about the profession in their communities and to reach consumers and make them aware of the role genetic counselors can play in their healthcare.
Spread the Word
Here are several resources to help you spread the word about Genetic Counselor Awareness Day and how you can positively impact patient outcomes.
- Social Media Campaign: Further your reach by sharing NSGC's social media posts celebrating Genetic Counselor Awareness Day, using #IAmaGeneticCounselor (COMING SOON - social media graphics for download)
- "I Am a Genetic Counselor" Series: See the many faces of genetic counselors and opportunities in the field and share it on your Facebook page
- Myth and Facts News Release: Learn about the role genetic counselors play in the healthcare process (COMING SOON)
- Genetic Counselor Awareness Day Flyer: Print this flyer out and post it up in your institution to spread the word (COMING SOON)
Take Time for Professional Development
Invest in your own professional development to keep your skills sharp so you stay at the leading edge of the changes occurring in Genetic Counseling and health care today.
- Genetic Counselor Awareness Day Webinar: Learn more about the application of Genetic Counselor core
skill setwithin your institution and how to translate your genetic counseling skills into leadership roles.