35th Annual Education Conference
About the AEC
The AEC focuses specifically on the educational needs of genetic counselors and addresses a wide variety of genetic counseling practice areas and provides the latest information for the genetic counseling profession. Attendees will gain important information to support and enhance their current practice.
Who Should Attend an AEC?
- Genetic counselors
- Genetic counseling students
- Physicians, nurses and healthcare professionals interested in genetics
- Media (more information available here)
What Will You Gain from the AEC?
After attending this conference, participants will be able to:
- Describe recent developments in the fields of genetic counseling and medical genetics, including diagnosis, disease management and therapeutic options.
- Incorporate new technologies, genetic testing and research results into the practice of genetic counseling.
- Apply counseling theories and techniques in varied genetic counseling settings. Identify emerging areas of ethical, legal and social concern.
- Examine the changing role of the genetic counselor.