A Psychosocial Approach to Genetic Counseling: Translation from Theory to Skills
Do you want to focus on the "counsel" part of genetic counseling? Would you like to improve your psychosocial skills or learn new ways to interact with your patients? The purpose of this online course is to focus on counseling theories with an emphasis on the application in practice as well as building and expanding skill sets.
- Psychosocial Skills in Genetic Counseling: Supporting Our Patients and Ourselves
- Presented by Krista Redlinger-Grosse, PhD, ScM, CGC
- Building Resilience: Psychosocial Tools for Genetic Counselors
- Presented by: Karen Hurley, PhD
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT): An Approach to Addressing Common Psychosocial Issues in Genetic Counseling
- Presented by: Krista Redlinger-Grosse, PhD, ScM, CGC
- Incorporating Mindfulness into Sessions to Promote Patient Emotional Regulation
- Presented by: Ian MacFarlane, PhD
- Identifying and Managing Barriers to Client Engagement
- Presented by: Crystal R. Hill-Chapman, PhD, LP, NCSP, ABPP
- Motivational Interviewing: Helping Improve Clinical Outcomes in Genetic Counseling
- Presented by Scott T. Walters, PhD
After completing this 4.33 hour course, learners will be able to:
- Explain psychosocial theories behind genetic counseling and how they can be utilized.
- Discuss the benefits to utilizing a psychosocial approach in genetic counseling.
- Identify methods to apply psychosocial counseling strategies.
NSGC Member Price: $75
Non-Member Price: $100
NSGC Student Member: $40
Student Non-Member: $50
Bundle Your Courses to Save More!
When you bundle your 2016 courses together and purchase two at the same time, you will save 10% on the total purchase, allowing you get to more learning opportunities and education for less! Visit the 2016 Online Course page to learn more about bundle pricing.
The National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) has been authorized to offer up to 0.43 CEUs or 4.33 Category 1 Contact Hours for the activity: A Psychosocial Approach to Genetic Counseling: Translation from Theory to Skills online course through 11/1/2018. The American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) will accept CEUs earned at this program for the purposes of genetic counselor certification and recertification. Genetic counselors must be certified at the time of the activity in order for credits to count towards recertification.