Course Coming Soon!
This course aims to provide a deeper dive into Direct-to-Consumer by focusing on the varying DTC products, challenges faced in the interpretation of results, and tools to counsel patients on DTC results.
Course learning objectives:
- Examine the various types of DTC testing available and the varying technologies utilized.
- Examine how results are reported in DTC testing.
- Illustrate challenges in results interpretation, from both the third party annotation service and clinical sides.
- Examine complex DTC case examples and the lessons learned from these complex cases.
- Evaluate unique genetic counseling service delivery models that are being developed to meet the needs of patient referrals due to DTC genetic testing.
For a full course outline, visit https://www.nsgc.org/page/direct-to-consumer-genetic-testing-201.
Purchase Type Price
NSGC Member: $75
Student Member: $40
Student Non-member: $50
This course will be available for purchase in October 2018.
Bundle Your Courses to Save More!
When you bundle your 2018 courses together and purchase two at the same time, you will save 10% on the total purchase, allowing you get to more learning opportunities and education for less!
Genetic Counselor CEUs: This event has been submitted to the National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) for approval of Category 1 CEUs. The American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) accepts CEUs approved by NSGC for purposes of recertification. Approval for the requested CEUs and Contact Hours is currently pending.