This course aims to provide a deeper dive into Direct-to-Consumer by focusing on the varying DTC products, challenges faced in the interpretation of results, and tools to counsel patients on DTC results.
Course learning objectives:
- Examine the various types of DTC testing available and the varying technologies utilized.
- Examine how results are reported in DTC testing.
- Illustrate challenges in results interpretation, from both the third party annotation service and clinical sides.
- Examine complex DTC case examples and the lessons learned from these complex cases.
- Evaluate unique genetic counseling service delivery models that are being developed to meet the needs of patient referrals due to DTC genetic testing.
For a full course outline, visit https://www.nsgc.org/page/direct-to-consumer-genetic-testing-201.
Purchase Type Price
NSGC Member: $75
Student Member: $40
Student Non-member: $50
Bundle Your Courses to Save More!
When you bundle your 2018 courses together and purchase two at the same time, you will save 10% on the total purchase, allowing you get to more learning opportunities and education for less!
Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing 201: Technology, Complex Cases and Resources and Evidence-Based Practice: What It Is and Why It Matters
Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing 201: Technology, Complex Cases and Resources and New Frontiers in Genetic Technology
Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing 201: Technology, Complex Cases and Resources and Genetic Counseling Specialties Review: Cancer, Prenatal, Personalize and Precision Medicine
Genetic Counselor CEUs: This event has been approved by the National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) for 5.11 Contact hours or 0.51 Category 1 CEUs. The American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) accepts CEUs approved by NSGC for purposes of recertification. This course is approved for CEUs through 12/16/2020.