This course aims to outline the importance of EBP in clinical practice, guideline development, payer decisions, and policy outcomes as well as provide implementation tools and resources for genetic counselors.
Course learning objectives:
- Define evidence-based practice and how it relates to healthcare.
- Analyze how the use of EBP in medicine impacts guidelines and clinicians.
- Describe how insurers utilize EBP in coverage decisions.
- Explain how EBP applies to public healthcare policy.
- Illustrate ways that genetic counselors can learn more about EBP and how it affects the field of genetic counseling.
For a full course outline, visit https://www.nsgc.org/page/evidence-based-practice-course.
Purchase Type Price
NSGC Member: $75
Student Member: $40
Student Non-member: $50
Bundle Your Courses to Save More!
When you bundle your 2018 courses together and purchase two at the same time, you will save 10% on the total purchase, allowing you get to more learning opportunities and education for less!
Evidence-based Practice: What It Is and Why It Matters + New Frontiers In Genetic Technology
Evidence-based Practice: What It Is and Why It Matters + Genetic Counseling Specialties Review: Cancer, Prenatal, Personalized and Precision Medicine
New Frontiers In Genetic Technology + Genetic Counseling Specialties Review: Cancer, Prenatal, Personalized and Precision Medicine
Genetic Counselor CEUs: This event has been approved by the National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) for 3.88 contact hours or 0.38 Category 1 CEUs. The American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) accepts CEUs approved by NSGC for purposes of recertification. CEU available for this course until 10/12/2020.