The Familial Cancer Risk Genetic Counseling SIG promotes communication between providers and affiliates of cancer genetic counseling services for the purpose of advancing the field of cancer genetic counseling.
This special interest group was created and is currently maintained by members of NSGC who provide genetic counseling for familial cancer risk or who are interested in this area of genetic counseling. Membership in the Special Interest Group (SIG) provides:
- Access to the active and useful listserv (email) discussion group regarding the latest familial cancer risk topics.
- Access to the Cancer Research Directory
- Announcements about available cancer genetic counseling positions.
- Involvement in creation and access to use of materials developed through SIG projects. Previous projects have included a directory of cancer genetics research studies and a cancer genetic counseling starter kit, both of which are available on this website.
- Access to educational materials purchased by the SIG.
- Eligibility to apply for a research grant supported by the SIG.
- Quarterly literature searches pertaining to cancer genetics topics.
- And much more
Join the Cancer SIG on Social Media
NSGC Cancer SIG is now live on social media! Follow us on the sites below for updated news from NSGC and the Cancer SIG, resources from patient organizations, featured publications by colleagues, and much more...
Like our page on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
There is also a members-only group on LinkedIn for discussions on relevant articles, membership/ management guidelines updates, and to share professional accomplishments with fellow SIG members.
Join our private LinkedIn group
Access the Cancer SIG community (including the Cancer SIG Discussion Forum, the Cancer Research Directory, the Monthly Literature Reviews and other Cancer SIG Documents)
Join Now: To add this SIG to your NSGC membership, please visit
Review SIG grant
National Cancer Institute
Fox Chase Cancer Center
Cancer SIG Subcommittee Co-Chairs
Cancer SIG Grant Award:
The 2016 PSS Cancer Genetics Analysis is now available to members of the Cancer SIG. Access the report today