Learn the fundamentals of medical coding, payment and documenting genetic counseling services. Understand how to apply your clinical reasoning to identify the appropriate documentation necessary to support patient care and to secure reimbursement for your services.
After completing this 6.75 hour course and accompanying recorded webinars, learners will be able to:
- Outline the fundamentals of medical coding, payment, and documenting genetic counseling services.
- Evaluate CPT coding to report genetic counseling services.
- Describe the different types of service delivery models for genetic counseling.
- Assess various coding approaches to optimize success in attaining rembursement for your services.
- Apply clinical reasoning to identify the appropriate documentation to support patient care and codes.
- Describe the difference between ICD-9 and ICD-10 and prepare your practice for ICD-10’s implementation.
- Identify the documentation necessary to secure reimbursement for genetic services.
For more information about this course, visit http://nsgc.org/p/cm/ld/fid=278.
This course is also available in the Business Foundations for Genetic Counselors Online Course Package. For more information about this course package, which includes the Billing and Coding course, Insurance and Credentialing Course, and three accompanying recorded webinars, visit http://nsgc.org/businessfoundations.
The National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) has been authorized to offer up to 0.67 CEUs or 6.75 Category 1 Contact Hour for this activity through 06/27/2018. The American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) will accept CEUs earned at this program for the purposes of genetic counselor certification and recertification. Individuals must be certified at the time of participation in the activity in order to count towards recertification.