After viewing this 1 hour webinar, learners will be able to:
- Identify the logistics, successes and challenges of expanding and/or coordinating internationally based genetic testing.
- Compare cultural differences in communication styles, understanding of genetic concepts, and uptake of genetic testing.
- Recognize how these differences affect work, both in the clinic and the laboratory.
- Contrast differences in healthcare systems and the benefits and challenges these differences place on genetic testing in families.
- Identify examples of genetic counselors transitioning from one healthcare system into another.
Presenters: Steven Keiles, Rifaat Rawashdeh, and Sonia Margarit
Webinar faciliated By: Rawan Awwad, MS, CGC - International SIG and Cultural Competency Subcommittee and Marina Rabideau, MS, CGC -Industrial SIG
To view this webinar, please visit the NSGC Member Webinar Series page.