After viewing this 1 hour webinar, learners will be able to:
- Discuss various roles of the genetic counselor working in a somatic oncology genetic testing laboratory
- Elucidate the process of interpreting tumor testing data, including differences between interpreting somatic and germ line genetic testing reports
- Explore the potential benefits and limitations inherit in utilizing somatic tumor testing
- Review specific applications of somatic testing data to clinic care
- Apply information gained to case examples, with a focus on contemplating some common counseling dilemmas in providing clinical somatic genetic counseling services
Presenters: David B. Lieberman, MS, CGC, Center for Personalized Diagnostics, University of Pennsylvania; Shana L. Merrill, MS, CGC, University of Pennsylvania
This webinar was organized by the Cancer and Personalized Medicine SIGs and was presented in coordination with the NSGC webinar subcommittee.
To view this webinar, please visit the NSGC Member Webinar Series page.