Quickly get up to speed on insurance and credentialing. Gain confidence in talking to payers, while advocating for your patients and the value of your services.
After completing this 7.50 hour course, learners will be able to:
- Outline the differences between public and private payers.
- Explain the claims process for different payers.
- Recognize how revenue applies to genetic counseling services and healthcare’s revenue cycle.
- Discuss the different types of credentialing and navigate the credentialing and contracting processes.
- Identify quality measures to evaluate genetic counseling services.
- Outline the steps you need to take to become credentialed with your institution and payers.
Business Foundations for Genetic Counselors Package
This course is also available in the Business Foundations for Genetic Counselors Online Course Package. For more information about this course package, which includes the Billing and Coding course, Insurance and Credentialing Course, and three accompanying recorded webinars, visit http://nsgc.org/businessfoundations.
The National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) has been authorized to offer up to 0.75 CEUs or 7.50 Category 1 Contact Hour for this activity through 06/27/2018. The American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) will accept CEUs earned at this program for the purposes of genetic counselor certification and recertification. Individuals must be certified at the time of participation in the activity in order to count towards recertification.