The purpose of this webinar is to demonstrate ways to advocate for genetic counselors and genetic counseling services. This session will provide practical knowledge and applications that participants can use immediately to demonstrate their value, become recognized as necessary patient care providers, and gain support for Genetic Counselor services.
After viewing this 1.50 hour webinar, learners will be able to:
- Address the importance of demonstrating genetic counselor value
- Discuss how to negotiate for institutional resources with both clinicians and administrators.
- Demonstrate and analyze various options on how to show significance of genetic counselor services while asking for support using data, marketing resources, and concrete documentation.
- Examine available resources and tools that can be used in advocating for more institutional support
- Explore real-life experiences from other genetic counselors
For a full outline of this webinar, please visit the course webpage.
Member Price $49
Non-member Price $79
Business Foundations for Genetic Counselors Package
This course is also available in the Business Foundations for Genetic Counselors Online Course Package. For more information about this course package, which includes the Billing and Coding course, Insurance and Credentialing Course, and three accompanying recorded webinars, visit http://nsgc.org/businessfoundations.
Member Price $379
Non-member Price $479
The National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) has authorized NSGC to offer up to 0.15 CEUs or 1.50 Category 1 contact hours for the Business Foundations for Genetic Counselors webinar: A Bigger Piece of the Pie: Advocating for additional resources for your service through 06/20/2018. The American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) will accept CEUs earned at this program for the purposes of certification and recertification.