Late Career SIG
The Late Career SIG provides an opportunity to connect and collaborate for working and retired genetic counselors interested in late career issues and giving back to the profession.
SIG members currently have workgroups focused on the following topics. SIG members are encouraged to develop new topics.
- Connections – Provide a place for genetic counselors interested in late career issues to connect with each other. Offer skills & resources of members to other committees/SIGs of NSGC and the profession.
- Mentoring – Mentor mid- and late-career genetic counselors about late career issues (e.g. advancement in academic, industry, and community settings; retirement; job transitions).
- GC History – Investigate, preserve, and disseminate materials and testimonials that document the history of the genetic counseling profession.
- Education – Plan and execute AEC workshops or other activities related to late career issues.
- Retirement Survival Toolkit – Design and produce a toolkit to aid genetic counselors in their transition to retirement.
Benefits of the Late Career SIG membership
- Membership in a group of accomplished senior genetic counselors who are available to advocate for and influence issues of professional interest.
- Access to a new discussion group and Facebook page to discuss late career issues.
- Join any of the SIG workgroups.
Access the Late Career SIG community (including the Late Career SIG Discussion Forum and SIG Documents) here.
Join Now: To add this SIG to your NSGC membership, please visit your member profile . From the Actions tab, select the "Add Membership Package" option and select the SIG you would like to join. You will then be able to pay online or print an invoice to mail with a check.
Bonnie Baty, MS, CGC
June Peters, MS, CGC, LMFT