Travel and Hotel Information
NSGC has been advised that unofficial vendors have been contacting NSGC Annual Conference attendees to promote its hotel booking services and to attempt to have attendees book rooms through its service. NSGC has not authorized these solicitations. These companies are not affiliated with and are not sponsored or approved by NSGC or the NSGC Annual Conference. NSGC will not be responsible for any actions or omissions of these unofficial vendors.
We realize what a nuisance these solicitations can be to our attendees, and if there is ever a question about a communication received, please check with NSGC staff to confirm the provider is a preferred supplier before taking action. We do not want you to book a room through an illegitimate resource and run the risk of being scammed.The official housing providers for the NSGC Annual Conference are the Hyatt Regency Columbus, Hilton Columbus Downtown, Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, Red Rood Plus, and the Sheraton Capitol Square. By using the official travel provider you can ensure that you are being booked in the housing block reserved by NSGC and take advantage of the group discounted rates.
Please direct any inquiries related to hotel reservations for the NSGC Annual Conference to Kate Schulze at email@example.com or call (312) 673-5630.
Please do not reserve a hotel room until you have registered for the conference. This will help to ensure availability of rooms for all registered attendees. NSGC reserves the right to contact any non-registered hotel guests booked within the NSGC room block.
This year NSGC has contracted rooms at five hotels: the Sheraton Capitol Square, Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, Red Roof Plus, Hyatt Regency Columbus, and the Hilton Columbus Downtown:
Sheraton Capitol Square
75 E State Street
The Sheraton is 0.8 miles from the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Reservations can be made online here or by calling the hotel directly and mentioning NSGC**. Please note this link is only accessible via desktop, and will not open on mobile devices. The discounted room rates will be available until Friday, August 11, based on availability.
RED ROOF PLUS
111 E Nationwide Blvd
The Red Roof Plus is 0.5 miles from the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Reservations can be made by calling the hotel directly and mentioning NSGC**.
**To cancel a reservation, please contact the hotel 48 hours prior to your check-in date to avoid a penalty (please note: check in is 3:00 pm ET). Cancellation within 48 hours of scheduled arrival will result in guest paying full room and tax.
*Interested in sharing a room with a fellow attendee? Contact Andrea Harbison at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Getting Around Columbus - It's easy to get around Columbus with lots of great options from public transportation to car sharing services. www.experiencecolumbus.com/travel-tools/get-around-cbus/
- The Greater Columbus Convention Center and the Hilton and Hyatt Hotels are serviced by the John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH).
- Taxi Service is available from the airport to the Hyatt and Hilton for approximately $30.
- CBUS - The Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) operates bus service in Columbus. The CBUS is a free downtown circulator that runs every 10-15 minutes from the Short North Arts District in the north to the Brewery District/German Village in the south, with stops at many popular downtown locations along the way. http://www.cota.com/CBUS
- AirConnect - Express bus service runs between John Glenn International, the Greater Columbus Convention Center (GCCC) and downtown hotels. The connectors stops at the baggage claim every 30 minutes and costs $2.75 each way.
- Parking (prices subject to change):
- Hyatt Regency Columbus: On-site hotel valet parking is $28 per night
- Hilton Columbus Downtown: Self-parking is $23 per day and on-site hotel valet parking is $26 per day
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown: Overnight valet parking is available for $26 per vehicle, per night. Event valet parking is available for $16 per vehicle, per day.
- Several parking options are available at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Visit www.columbusconventions.com for more information.
Attire for the 36th Annual Conference is business casual. As the temperature in meeting rooms can vary, it is recommended to dress in layers.