POSTERS WITH AUTHORS AND PLATFORM PRESENTATIONS
To view the full list of Posters selected for presentation with poster numbers and assignments click here.
To view the full list of Platform Presentations selected click here.
Poster Specs and Appearance
- All posters must be able to fit in an area of 4 feet x 4 feet (48 inches x 48 inches).
- Make sure your poster can be easily mounted on the poster board using push pins.
- The poster should be self-explanatory to allow viewing even when you are not present.
- It may be a good idea to bring about 50 copies (black and white is fine) of a letter-paper size version of your poster that you can pin to your poster board so that people can take a copy of your poster away with them.
- Bring extra paper for you to use to help you explain your poster to viewers.
- Bring business cards for people who might be interested in contacting you about your poster.Consider putting a sign-up sheet on your poster board for those who want more information.
Poster Set-Up and Tear-Down
- Poster set-up: Begins 8:00 am on Wednesday, November 14.
- Please make every effort to leave your poster displayed for the length of the conference.
- Posters can begin to be taken down on Friday, November 16 at 3:00 pm. All posters must be taken down by 5:00 pm. NSGC is not responsible for any posters that are not taken down by the deadline.
Poster Printing Services
NSGC is partnering with MakeSigns Scientific Posters, the official poster printing service for the 37th Annual Conference. If you have been selected for a poster at the Annual Conference and place your poster order with MakeSigns by 12:00 pm CT on November 6, your poster can be shipped directly to the Conference for a reduced rate of $5.00 per poster, with easy pick-up next to the Annual Conference registration desk. To learn more about this partnership, visit https://www.makesigns.com/conference/5276/nsgc-national-society-of-genetic-counselors-37th-annual-conference.
*NSGC is not responsible for any poster orders. Poster authors are responsible for making the poster order, picking up posters from the printer and setting up/tearing down posters in the Convention Center.
Platform Presentation Guidelines
If your abstract was selected for a Platform presentation, you will be given 15 minutes to present your paper and answer questions. Please allow 3 - 4 minutes for questions. Due to space, logistics and the limited time available, we request that only one author present each abstract.
According to NSGC’s recently updated CEU Standards and Guidelines, presenters in educational sessions may no longer use branded slide decks. It is, therefore, required that all conference speakers, moderators, and panelists use the approved NSGC PowerPoint Template.
Please note this template includes a Conflict of Interest Disclosure slide. All speakers are required to complete this slide. If a speaker does not have any conflicts, please state, “no conflicts to disclose.” For complete information on NSGC’s COI policy, please review the CEU Standards and Guidelines.
All platform presentation slides are due by October 29, 2018, and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location and Presentation Times
The Annual Conference takes place at the Georgia World Congress Center.
To view assigned poster numbers click here. Poster abstracts will be assigned a letter and number. The letter dictates the date of presentation, according to the following schedule:
|Wednesday, November 14||5:45 pm - 7:00 pm||Group A Posters|
|Thursday, November 15||6:00 pm - 7:15 pm||Group B Posters|
|Friday, November 16||1:30 pm - 2:45 pm||Group C Posters|
Presenters are expected to be physically present at their poster for the full duration of your designated session.
The Platform Presentation will take place on Friday, November 16, 10:45 AM - 12:00 Noon, and Saturday, November 17, 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm. For the full schedule, click here.
Conflict of Interest
I understand that I must indicate that either (a) I have NO financial interest in any commercial entity whose products or services are described, reviewed, evaluated or compared in the Presentation; or (b) I have a financial interest in a commercial entity whose products or services are described, reviewed, evaluated or compared in the Presentation. I must disclose any financial interest I may have in any commercial entity whose products or services are described, reviewed, evaluated or compared in the Presentation. For example, I must disclose if I (i) have an ownership interest in such a commercial entity; (ii) have a financial interest in any product or service discussed in the Presentation; (iii) am employed (whether full or part-time) by such a commercial entity; (iv) own all or part of any patent licensed to such a commercial entity; (v) have an ongoing relationship (e.g., as a consultant, agent, representative, speaker, etc.) with such a commercial entity; or (vi) have received financial compensation for my Presentation. To make changes to your conflict of interest disclosure submitted originally with your abstract, please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/presenterCOI.
Per the information provided in your abstract submission, we presume that the primary author is the presenting author; if this is not the case, please contact NSGC at email@example.com with your changes as soon as possible. For security purposes, your name will be provided to security at the door of the Exhibitor Suite for you to gain access to set up while the Exhibit Suite is closed to attendees. Once on site, check in with the Registration Desk to pick up your badge and registration materials. The hours of operation for Registration are as follows:
Annual Conference Registration Hours at the Georgia World Congress
|Tuesday, November 13||5:30 pm - 7:30 pm|
|Wednesday, November 14||7:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Thursday, November 15||6:30 am - 7:00 pm|
|Friday, November 16||7:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Saturday, November 17||7:30 am - 12:00 pm|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If an author on the abstract has since changed affiliations, do I include the author's current affiliation or affiliation at the time the abstract was written?
Please use the author affiliation that was relevant when the abstract was written/submitted.
2. Can more than one person present this Poster/Platform Presentation?
Due to space, logistics and the limited time available, we ask that only one author present each abstract.
3. If I cannot attend the Annual Conference, can someone present on my behalf?
If you are unable to attend the conference, ONLY another author on the abstract may present in your place. To withdraw your abstract, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by
4. Can I change my assigned presentation slot?
We do not have the flexibility to make any changes to the Platform Presentation/Poster scheduling. No changes are permitted to the assigned schedule. Changing the presentation date/time for one author can easily have a ripple effect as we would have to move another author from his/her scheduled slot to fit in any requested changes. If another author on your abstract is available, we do allow other authors listed on the abstract to present on behalf of the primary author when he/she is not available.
5. Can I edit my abstract after the submission deadline?
If accepted, your abstract will be printed as it was received during the Call for Abstracts. No changes are permitted.
6. Can I defer my abstract to next year?
We are unable to allow authors to defer their presentations to the following year. We encourage authors to submit an abstract on a different aspect of the abstract topic in any following years.
7. I've submitted an abstract to NSGC as well as an abstract/manuscript for publication to another organization/journal, but I have not heard back yet if my abstract/manuscript has been selected. Do I need to withdraw my abstract from NSGC?
For any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to Alana Embury in the NSGC Executive Office or Meg Bradbury, Abstract Workgroup Chair and Courtney Berrios, Abstract Workgroup Vice Chair.