This online course is designed to assist all genetic counselors with maximizing their career potential and career satisfaction. Lectures by speakers who have walked all paths within the field of genetic counseling will discuss how to align your career with your long term career goals and objectives.
After completing this 10.60 hour course, learners will be able to:
- Assess whether their current position is effectively aligned with their long term career goals and objectives.
- Identify their personal strengths in the field of genetic counseling and opportunities for both personal and professional growth and development within the field.
- Examine opportunities to enhance their genetic counseling career via involvement in mentorship, research, genetic counseling training programs and other opportunities.
For a full outline of this course, visit the Career Advancement course page.
- Shannon Kieran, MS, CGC
- Elissa Levin, MS, CGC
- Nancy Callanan, MS, CGC
- Mary Ahrens, MS, CGC
- Amanda Bergner, MS, CGC
- Barbara Biesecker, PhD, MS, CGC
- Jehannine Austin, PhD, CGC
- Lauri Black, MS, LCGC
- Sharon Aufox, MS, CGC
- Angela Inglis, Msc, CCGC/CGC
- Kelly Ormond, MS, LCGC
- Carrie Atzinger, MS, CGC
- Brad Popovich, PhD, MS
- Susan Manley, MS, MBA
- Sam Baxter, MS, CGC
- Liz Kearney, MS, CGC, MBA
The National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) has approved this program for up to 1.06 CEUs or 10.60 Category 1 Contact Hours through 5/18/2021. CEUs earned through this program will be accepted by ABGC as Category 1 CEUs for purposes of certification and recertification. Individuals must be certified at the time of participation in the activity in order to count towards recertification.