Call for Abstracts
The NSGC Abstract Workgroup is looking for high-quality abstracts for presentation in both the presented paper and poster sessions at the Annual Conference from November 5-8, 2019. Appropriate submissions will match the criteria in one of two abstract tracks: (1) original research or (2) case reports.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Call for Abstracts opens: March 1, 2019
Call for Abstracts closes: May 14, 2019
Abstract Tracks Defined
Original Research abstracts are original work utilizing either a quantitative or qualitative methodology. These are systematic investigations whose results expand the knowledge base relevant to the practice of genetic counseling or genomic medicine, in the broadest sense.
Case Report abstracts address observations of patients or families that add to the knowledge of the etiology, pathogenesis and/or delineation of the natural history or management of the condition described. They may describe a single case or a small series of cases related by genotype, phenotype, or counseling issues.
Past Annual Conference Abstracts
2018: Download Abstracts
2017 and prior: Available through the Journal of Genetic Counseling
Note: Beginning with the 2018 Annual Conference abstracts, the accepted abstracts will be posted to the NSGC website and will no longer be published in the Journal of Genetic Counseling. This venue change offers the following benefits:
- Increased accessibility to accepted abstracts by non-NSGC members. Anyone with internet access will be able to view abstracts on the NSGC website.
- Increased ease of navigation for locating abstracts. You will no longer need to search through one long continuous document for abstracts of interest.
- Increased flexibility for Abstract Committee to modify abstract size requirements
- Increased space in the Journal of Genetic Counseling to allow more peer-reviewed research to be published.
- Continued ability to cite conference abstracts. Suggested style for citing abstracts will be provided on the NSGC website.
How to Cite Abstracts
Abstracts selected for presentation at the NSGC Annual Conference are available online here and on the Past Conference webpage. To cite an abstract from 2018 and beyond, use the URL for the meeting in which the abstract was presented. The following is a suggested example style for citing abstracts from the NSGC Annual Conference.
Author Name 1, Author Name 2, Abstract Title; (Poster or Session #). Presented at the xxth NSGC Annual Conference, Date, Location (example: November 14, 2018, Atlanta, GA).