The mission of the Education SIG is to promote communication among genetic counselors whose work or interests include the education of patients, healthcare providers, the public, the next generation of genetic counselors, and students of all ages. The Education SIG promotes discussion and sharing of educational topics, ideas, strategies, and resources. In addition, the Education SIG helps to promote and support the role of genetic counselors in education. Enabling genetic counselors to become better educators will strengthen awareness and recognition of the genetic counseling profession.
- Facilitate discussion about topics relating to genetics education and adult learning
- Exchange successful education methods and teaching strategies
- Promote the role of education within the profession
- Produce valuable tools and resources that can be used in a wide variety of educational settings
- Contribute to research and peer-reviewed literature regarding genetic education efforts
Access the Education SIG community (including the Education SIG Discussion Forum and SIG Documents) here .
Join Now: To add this SIG to your NSGC membership, please visit your member profile . From the Actions tab, select the "Add Membership Package" option and select the SIG you would like to join. You will then be able to pay online or print an invoice to mail with a check.
Review SIG grant award opportunities.
Indiana State University