Emerging Issues in Billing for Genetic Services: Telegenetics, the Affordable Care Act, and Supervision Requirements
Title: Emerging Issues in Billing for Genetic Services: Telegenetics, the Affordable Care Act, and Supervision Requirements
Date: February 10, 2015 @ 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm CST
CEUs: 1.50 Contact Hours or 0.15 CEUs
Price: $49 Member/ $79 Non-Member (Included in NSGC Business Foundations for Genetic Counselors online courses)
*Sponsored by the NSGC Payer Subcommittee
- Becky Butler, MSSW, ACSW, LCSW, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- John Richardson, Director, NSGC Government Relations
This webinar will provide an update and review on key billing and coding issues that genetic counselors face for telemedicine, incident to billing, and billing with facility fees. In addition, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the impact on the genetic counseling profession will be discussed.
- Explain regulation, billing, and reimbursement issues for telehealth in genetic counseling
- Review commonly accepted definitions and practices for "incident to billing under physician supervision"
- Define the use of facility fees
- Describe emerging issues related to the Affordable Care Act and potential implications for genetic counselors
To received continuing education for this webinar, each registrant must:
- Purchase the webinar at www.nsgc.org or enroll in the Business Foundations for Genetic Counselors Online Course
- Participate in the entire webinar presentation
- Complete the activity follow-up evaluation
- Download the CEU certificate of completion within NSGC’s online learning site
Registrants will be given access to NSGC’s online learning site in order to access the post-webinar recording quiz, evaluation, and to download their subsequent CEU certificate of completion.
The National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) has authorized NSGC to offer up to 0.15 CEUs or 1.50 contact hours (Category 1) for the Business Foundations for Genetic Counselors webinar: A Bigger Piece of the Pie: Advocating for additional resources for your service. The American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) will accept CEUs earned at this program for the purposes of certification and recertification.
Purchase access to the individual webinar below:
Purchase access to the full Business Foundations Series (including access to all Business Foundations Webinars):