In 2019, the NSGC Board of Directors chartered an NSGCares Task Force to provide recommendations to the Board for NSGCares activities in 2020 and beyond. In early 2020, the NSGCares Advisory Group was established. Its focus includes reviewing requests for support, highlighting the good work of the NSGC membership, and managing local community involvement in conjunction with the NSGC Annual Conference.
Request for Support Form
For members of the genetic counselor workforce, genetic counseling students, or individuals with strong ties to the NSGC community, NSGCares wants to know how it can be of assistance.
- Do you require financial assistance?
- Is there a genetic counselor that would appreciate calls of support in dealing with burnout or another professional or personal challenge?
- Do you want to promote activities in support of a community member, or would you like to highlight a community event?
NSGCares may be able to assist.
- Are you or an NSGC member doing something amazing in the local community that the entire NSGC membership should know about?
NSGCares wants to recognize work that genetic counselors are doing within their local communities to promote the power of genetic counselors around the country and provide ideas for others who may want to get more involved in their own communities.
To learn more about eligibility and types of support available, please click here. Please note that if you would like to submit a request for support form, you will be prompted to log in with your nsgc.org credentials first. If you are not an NSGC member, you can create a guest profile and then submit a request for support form.
- Co-Chair – Sarah Noblin
- Co-Chair – Jay Flanagan
- Vice Chair – Katie Bergstrom
- Laura Hendon
- Kali Juliette
- Laura Sulmonte
- Tracy Bensend
- Alise Murray
- Amy Swanson
- Kathy Valverde
- Kavitha Kolla
- Emma Smith