The mission of the Research SIG is to serve the needs of NSGC members performing research-related tasks and to promote the advancement of research in genetics and genetic counseling.
- To promote the professional development of genetic counselors involved in research.
- To identify and disseminate resources useful to research genetic counselors.
- To facilitate networking among SIG members who share similar areas of research expertise.
- To encourage the involvement of genetic counselors and genetic counseling students in all aspects of research.
- To serve as a consulting body for NSGC members as well as other professionals with regard to issues in genetic-related research.
Access the Research SIG community (including the Research Discussion Forum and SIG Documents) here.
Join Now: To add this SIG to your NSGC membership, please visit your member profile. From the Actions tab, select the "Add Membership Package" option and select the SIG you would like to join. You will then be able to pay online or print an invoice to mail with a check.
Review SIG grant award opportunities.
Columbia University Medical Center