Prenatal Counseling/Ultrasound Anomalies SIG
The mission of the Prenatal Special Interest Group is to advocate for genetic counselors as an integral part of preconception and prenatal care by
- Serving as an expert resource for NSGC and the Board of Directors
- Providing resources for prenatal genetic counselors
- Promoting research and education in the area of reproductive genetics
This special interest group was created to unite genetic counselors working or conducting research in the prenatal setting. It is maintained by members of NSGC who provide genetic counseling, education, or support for prenatal evaluation including biochemical, molecular, and sonographic testing, potential teratogenic exposures, and suspected positive family history.
As prenatal screening and testing technology
- Access to the activities and listserv (email) discussion group regarding the most pertinent information within reproductive genetics
- Involvement in creating and accessing education materials developed through SIG projects
- Eligibility for grants supported by the SIG to further research within reproductive genetics
- Opportunity to participate in SIG-sponsored educational sessions at the NSGC AEC
Access the Prenatal Counseling/Ultrasound Anomalies SIG community (including the Prenatal Counseling/Ultrasound Anomalies Discussion Forum and SIG Documents) here.
Join Now: To add this SIG to your NSGC membership, please visit your member profile. From the Actions tab, select the "Add Membership Package" option and select the SIG you would like to join. You will then be able to pay online or print an invoice to mail with a check.
Review SIG grant award opportunities.
Oregon Health & Science University
Advocate Medical Group
Communication Committee Chair
Johns Hopkins University
Education Committee Chair
Research and Publications Committee Chair
Fetal Care Center
Grant Award Committee Chair
Wake Forest Baptist Health