To build a supportive and collaborative gathering space for inpatient genetic counselors and students to improve the genetics care inpatients receive, develop the groundwork for evidence-based care, promote growth of professional relationships, and advocate for widespread adoption of genetic counseling embedded in the inpatient setting.
- Opportunity for networking with other inpatient genetic counselors.
- Opportunity to lead projects directly related to the practice of inpatient genetic counseling, and collaborate with other SIG members and members of other SIGs.
- Space to debrief and discuss difficult cases through peer supervision.
- Opportunity to participate in mentorship.
In its founding year, our members have the following interests. These may grow into task forces, committees or research projects.
- Building a community of inpatient GCs.
- Guide for how to advocate for and start an inpatient genetic counseling position, including business planning.
- Clinical patient and/or provider resources.
- Development of evidence-based guidelines business planning.
- Multi-center, cross-specialty research.
- Workflow development.
Current Members: Access the Inpatient SIG community (including the Inpatient Discussion Forum and SIG Documents) here.
Join Now: To add this SIG to your NSGC membership, please visit your My NSGC profile. From the Membership tab, select the "Join A SIG" option and select the SIG(s) you would like to join. You will then be able to pay online or print an invoice to mail with a check.