The Late Career SIG provides an opportunity for working and retired genetic counselors to connect and collaborate on late-career issues and giving back to the profession.
Transitions to Retirement Webinar Recording
The Late Career SIG was pleased to present "A Workshop: Retirement Transition Roadmap, Understanding the Landscape" on 2021. This discussion, facilitated by Retirement Consultant & Certified Life Coach Barbara Philips, explored topics such as what to expect from retirement, why retirement is different now, and how to get started. View the recording.
- Participation in a group of accomplished senior genetic counselors who are available to advocate for and influence issues of professional interest.
- Access to a discussion group, Facebook page and retirement transition document
- Involvement in SIG committees:
- Connections – Provide opportunities for genetic counselors to connect with each other through a private Facebook page, discussion listserve, book club, and educational opportunities; serve as liaison to NSGConnect mentoring group.
- History – Collect and preserve materials that document the history of the genetic counseling profession.
- Career Arc- Explore and identify issues in the arc of a genetic counselor’s career, adapt the annual professional issue survey (PSS) to include data from retired genetic counselors and maintain a retirement toolkit.
Current Members: Access the Late Career SIG community (including the Late Career SIG Discussion Forum and SIG Documents) here.
Join Now: To add this SIG to your NSGC membership, please visit your My NSGC profile. From the Membership tab, select the "Join A SIG" option and select the SIG(s) you would like to join. You will then be able to pay online or print an invoice to mail with a check.
Career Arc Task Force (Co-Chairs: Bonnie Baty, Steve Keiles)
Connections (Chair: Jennie Stone)
History (Co-Chairs: Wendy Uhlmann, Debra Collins)