Each year, NSGC Members are called to actively participate in the call for nominations and slate approval process in order to determine the subsequent years' NSGC Board of Directors. The NSGC Board of Directors is comprised of twelve members listed here.
Nominations Process Timeline
||Nominating Committee: Call for member-at-large applications opens
||Nominating Committee: Call for member-at-large applications closes
||Nominating Committee formed
||Call for Board candidates opens
||Call for Board candidates closes
||Nominating Committee reviews candidate applications and conducts candidate interviews
||Nominating Committee prepares the slate for member ratification
||Ballot opens: NSGC eligible members vote to ratify the presented BOD slate
||BOD election results shared with NSGC members
The Call for Nominations opened January 24th and closed on February 15th. The roles that are being recruited for are the President-Elect, the Secretary/Treasurer-Elect, and four (4) Directors-at-Large.
Positions and Terms
The Board of Directors consists of five officer positions and seven Director-at-Large members:
- President - 1 year term
- President-Elect - 1 year term
- Immediate Past President - 1 year term
- Secretary/Treasurer - 1 year term
- Secretary/Treasurer-Elect - 1 term
- Director-at-Large (7 members) - 2 year term
No person may hold more than one office simultaneously. For more information on NSGC officers/directors and terms, please review the NSGC Bylaws.
The Nominating Committee is responsible for putting forth a slate of candidates for the Board of Directors that will best lead NSGC and reflects diversity of all kinds--race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, specialty, and experience, among others. The Nominating Committee shall consist of eight members:
- Immediate Past President (chair)
- 2 Directors-at-Large (appointed by the President)
- 4 Members-at-Large selected by the Membership Committee
The application process to serve as a Member-At-Large on the Nominating Committee closed on October 29, 2021.
Click here to view an infographic about the nominations process.
Call for Candidates
The Call for Candidates is the most critical part of the election process, during which members are able to self-nominate or nominate others for consideration for leadership positions. The following resources are available for candidates who are interested in joining the NSGC Board or nominating a qualified candidate(s):
The Nominating Committee (NC) thoroughly reviews nominations and invites a subset for interviews. The NC then prepares the slate, which is ratified via an open ballot by NSGC eligible voting members.
The voting period for 2023 Board of Directors slate is open, and will remain open until July 27, 2022 at 11:59pmCT. Click Here to vote on the 2023 Board of Directors slate.
For more details, refer to the NSGC Bylaws.
2022 Nomination Process Changes
Throughout the 2022 Nominating Process, NSGC's Nominating Committee (NC) has been focusing on changing aspects of the process in order to implement Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity initiatives.
Nomination Process Changes
- Implicit bias training for all NC members.
- All nominees given same time frame and amount of time to submit their application.
- No photos or videos are included in applications.
- Development and implementation of scoring rubric to guide evaluation of candidates for interviews.
- Two members of the NC conduct every interview by video. All interviews are recorded, and every NC member watches every interview.
- Development and implementation of a more robust scoring rubric for evaluating candidates post-interview.
If you have any questions about the Nominations Process or any of the information listed on this page, please contact Carrie Wall, NSGC's Operations Manager, or any of the 2022 NSGC Nominating Committee members.
2022 Nominating Committee
Sara Riordan, Immediate Past President, Chair
Lila Aiyar, Member-at-Large
Carolyn Applegate, Director-at-Large
Karlla Brigatti, Member-at-Large
Lindsey Byrne, Member-at-Large
Leila Jamal, Director-at-Large
Cheryl Reeves, Member-at-Large
Heather Zierhut, President