The Familial Cancer Risk Genetic Counseling SIG promotes communication between providers and affiliates of cancer genetic counseling services for the purpose of advancing the field of cancer genetic counseling.
This special interest group was created and is currently maintained by members of NSGC who provide genetic counseling for familial cancer risk or who are interested in this area of genetic counseling.
- Access to the active and useful listserv (email) discussion group regarding the latest familial cancer risk topics.
- Access to the Cancer Research Directory.
- Involvement in creation and access to use materials developed through SIG projects. Previous projects have included a directory of cancer genetics research studies, a genetic counseling starter kit, and gene specific fact sheets.
- Eligibility to apply for a research grant supported by the SIG.
- Quarterly literature searches pertaining to cancer genetics topics.
Join the Cancer SIG on Social Media
NSGC Cancer SIG is now live on social media! Follow us on the sites below for updated news from NSGC and the Cancer SIG, resources from patient organizations, featured publications by colleagues, and much more.
Like our page on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. There is also a members-only group on LinkedIn for discussions on relevant articles, membership/management guidelines updates, and to share professional accomplishments with fellow SIG members. Join our private LinkedIn group.
Current Members: Access the Cancer SIG community (including the Cancer SIG Discussion Forum, the Cancer Research Directory, the Monthly Literature Reviews and other Cancer SIG Documents) here.
Join Now: To add this SIG to your NSGC membership, please visit your My NSGC profile. From the Membership tab, select the "Join A SIG" option and select the SIG(s) you would like to join. You will then be able to pay online or print an invoice to mail with a check.
Review SIG grant opportunities.
Cancer SIG Subcommittee Co-Chairs
Cancer SIG Grant Award: