The Familial Cancer Risk Genetic Counseling SIG promotes communication between providers and affiliates of cancer genetic counseling services for the purpose of advancing the field of cancer genetic counseling.
This special interest group was created and is currently maintained by members of NSGC who provide genetic counseling for familial cancer risk or who are interested in this area of genetic counseling.
- Access to the active and useful listserv (email) discussion group regarding the latest familial cancer risk topics.
- Access to the Cancer Research Directory.
- Access to a variety of non-CEU webinars on cancer related topics.
- Involvement in creation and access to use materials developed through SIG projects. Previous projects have included a directory of cancer genetics research studies, toolkit for gender inclusive cancer genetic counseling, cancer curriculum toolkit and gene specific fact sheets.
- Eligibility to apply for a research and project grants supported by NSGC.
- Quarterly literature searches pertaining to cancer genetics topics.
Current Members: Access the Cancer SIG community (including the Cancer SIG Discussion Forum, the Cancer Research Directory, the Monthly Literature Reviews and other Cancer SIG Documents) here.
Cancer SIG Subcommittee Co-Chairs