The purpose of the Health IT SIG is to support genetic counselors and affiliated healthcare professionals in the meaningful use of health information technology within their practice. Examples of health IT include electronic health records (EHR) systems, risk assessment tools, and tools for family health history collection and analysis. As technology advances in the fields of genetics and healthcare, the Health IT SIG intends to stay abreast of how technology impacts our profession. Telegenetics has gained momentum as an alternative service delivery model. Machine learning and artificial intelligence are impacting the way that clinicians perform risk assessment and deliver personalized care. We hope to showcase, brainstorm, and develop new and innovative technology that advances the field of genetic counseling.
- Participate in a network of genetics professionals at all stages of health IT engagement.
- Stay up-to-date with webinars on timely technology topics.
- Accelerate the progress of health IT integration within your practice.
- Determine priority projects for the Health IT SIG.
- Share and test innovative ideas/potential research projects through collective brainstorming and detailed discussion with subject matter experts.
- Contribute to and access valuable tools such as the Health IT Resources Repository and the Telegentics Resource List.
Current Members: Access the Health IT SIG community (including the Health IT Discussion Forum and SIG Documents) here.
Join Now: To add this SIG to your NSGC membership, please visit your My NSGC profile. From the Membership tab, select the "Join A SIG" option and select the SIG(s) you would like to join. You will then be able to pay online or print an invoice to mail with a check.
Review SIG grant award opportunities.