The mission of the LMSIG is to serve as a gathering place for idea sharing, best practice development and ongoing education for genetic counselors in leadership and/or management roles, and those who wish to acquire skills for such roles in the future. The LMSIG seeks to serve as a resource for genetic counselors who are new and/or aspiring leaders or managers; provide current leaders/managers with discussions about challenges and successes, resources to build and foster skills, and data-sharing to help bolster efficiency and knowledge; and connect genetic counselors with leadership/management roles to each other in order to continue development of skills and contribute to best practice discussion.
- Utilize a network of genetics professionals with all types of leadership and management experience.
- Learn through webinars on various leadership/management topics.
- Participate in forums for help with leadership/management issues and to share ideas.
- Share and learn through a book club or with resources from our SIG Library.
- Participate in projects that focus on leadership and management topics most relevant to our members and include collaboration with other members of the SIG.
Current Members: Access the Late Career SIG community (including the Late Career SIG Discussion Forum and SIG Documents) here.
Join Now: To add this SIG to your NSGC membership, please visit your My NSGC profile. From the Membership tab, select the "Join A SIG" option and select the SIG(s) you would like to join. You will then be able to pay online or print an invoice to mail with a check.