Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
The mission of the 2021 NSGC DEI Committee is to facilitate conversation and communication surrounding justice, equity, diversity and inclusion within and around NSGC by:
- Shepherding the needs of diverse genetic counselors, including:
- Triaging inbound requests/questions
- Helping the NSGC Board of Directors to inform and communicate NSGC’s DEI efforts. This includes furthering NSGC Board of Directors DEI strategy and communications, such as those informed by DEI external consultant, to:
- NSGC members and internal groups
- External stakeholders
- Chair: Deepti Babu
- Vice-Chair: Khalida Liaquat
Do you have any questions or comments related to DEI that you want to share with NSGC? Use this form to share. Your questions, comments and feedback will be shared with the appropriate staff and NSGC leaders.
Cultural Representation and Outreach Subcommittee
The mission of the Cultural Representation and Outreach subcommittee (CROS), formally known as Cultural Competency subcommittee, is to foster a more diverse and culturally competent NSGC membership. This is done through active participation in outreach activities and recruitment events that support that mission, partnering with other genetic professionals to present at national conferences, and overall engaging in work to further promote the need of a more culturally diverse profession.
Janette Z Lawrence, MS, LCGC
Marjan Champine, MS, MBA, LCGC
NSGCares was established in 2020 to review requests for support from our members, highlight the good work of the NSGC membership, and manage local community involvement in conjunction with the Annual Conference, all of which can include initiatives having to do with diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Chair: Katie Bergstrom
- Vice-Chair: Laura Sulmonte